A Balancing Act for Employees
This month we published our most recent Captivate Office Pulse study on Homing from Work. Homing from Work is the latest trend among overworked employees forced to bring their home-life into the workplace. Key homing from work activities include…
1) Using your company internet access to shop and surf
2) Running out throughout the day to run errands
3) Shopping at stores near work during lunch and other breaks
Amazingly, over 80% and growing do at least some of these and one in five do all three in a typical week. All of this has been growing over the past two years at a pace similar to the growth in the length of the workday (from 8.5 hrs to 9 hrs a day).
So with all the personal activities taking place in the workplace or throughout the workday, which advertisers are best suited to benefit from workplace advertising?
1) Nearly 100% of employees have access to the Internet at work so e-tailers have an immediate and significant opportunity to develop workplace campaigns to attract shoppers on their way back into the office
- Travel sites (including airline, hotel and car rentals)
- Financial (transactional and advisory)
- Clothing, gifts and accessories
2) Retailers have inherently benefited from locations near heavy populated workplaces in metro areas. However, with developing channels and increased competitive environments, retail advertisers are increasingly in need for delivering geographically targeted communications. Leading the way for retail are:
- Food / groceries
3) Providers of everyday necessities as well as life and leisure activities have a tremendous opportunity to establish a new means of communications with employed professionals seeking:
- Doctors and medicine
- Insurance and other security products
- Financial and other investment services
- Personal shipping and mailing services
- Career advancement, dating and continuing education
Our newest homing from work report addresses these and other workplace advertising opportunities
About Office Pulse
Office Pulse by Captivate offers marketers timely analysis and insights from a proprietary panel of upscale professionals in the top markets. The Office Pulse panel of more than 8,000 influential consumers and business decision makers includes C-level executives, Millennials, middle management, small business owners, working women and working moms.
Known for its vast network of 10,000 elevator and lobby displays located in 1,400 premier office buildings across the U.S. and Canada, Captivate brings life to work by connecting over 11 million unique monthly viewers to the world outside their office. By engaging its viewers with timely news and actionable information, Captivate provides advertisers with a highly desirable and difficult-to-reach audience of affluent and influential business professionals through creative, research-driven and Nielsen-measured advertising and marketing programs. Founded in 1997, Captivate is owned by Generation Partners and TEGNA.